Holy cow, teaching went SO WELL this morning! I spoke with 50 visual artists (age 9-17, ceramics/sculpture/painting/drawing), and had a group discussion about architecture - we made a collective definition, talked about buildings at camp etc. At the end of the hour-long talk, 7 people expressed interest in doing an architecture project for the rest of the week. So we spent another couple of hours choosing our building and talking about design/materials etc. We have selected a building and will divide it up into components - the campers each choose a piece and will build/draw/paint their own ideas about it. Afterwards I lectured to the photography students and they have decided to do a series of detailed photos of one of the oldest buildings on grounds. I'm thrilled, it really couldn't have gone any better!
As a side note, I attended a bonfire with 11 year old girls last night. Too funny.
More photos of familiar places posted today:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58844&l=d661d&id=611842138
1 comment:
Glad to hear it went so well! I can't wait to see your students' progress.
Post a Comment